Tuesday, December 30, 2008

January races

Cyclocross this Saturday at Wheeler followed by the year end bash that evening. While I fell in love with Cross racing this year, I'm pretty sure I didn't get the full taste of it - got two races with snow and mud - both in Heber, but the remainder were in prime conditions/weather - not typical for a cross season. This weekend should be a little different with all the snow on the ground that's been melting for the last few days - nice and sloppy. Although it can't be worse than last years Frozen Hog (coming up soon)when the track was shredded on the first lap and nearly unrideable thereafter. Should be fun at Wheeler this weekend.

And then....

The Bash Winter Tri at the Soldier Hollow venue on the 17th. I'm taking the rest of this week off and will try to spend some time each day getting some stability/coordination on the cross country skis. Should get around ok on the run and the bike, but the skiing will be more comedy than speed I'm afraid. Regardless - something new to try and enjoy this winter and I'm ok with having some fun/laughs at my own expense.

Also - there's a Mtb ride up squaw peak on Thursday - details are over at Ride29er.

Also - heading south to St. George for some Mtn Biking with a small group the weekend of the 9th - if your in the area and want to join us for some 1 track let me know. There's a snowshoe race on the 10th in Park City if your not up for the Mtn Biking down south - would make for good preperation for Sam's Kneaders Cup.

No comments: