Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sportscenter now playing a distant second fiddle

Good chance it's just me, and that it's because I got a degree in finance and work in the world of banking (pronounced fin-ance by those who are legit, fi-nance by undergrads or less legit finance folks - forgive the rudimentary pronuciation cues, you'd never guess I also minored in english) but I suspect that it's not just me and it's not just because my career is in the world of finance.

I haven't watched Sportscenter for about 2 months now. It's because any time I've got the tv turned on, I'm glued to channel 23, CNBC, the new Sportscenter.

I heard the World Series may wrap up this week - who cares.. back page news right now for the finance folks, and probably a whole lot more folks.... OK, so I'm not a baseball fan to begin with, but you get my drift. There's going to be a fine line this time around between who gets sunk and who makes a bunch of money coming out of it... remember the mantra of the stud swine of the pen - pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

No comments: