Thursday, May 14, 2009

Race Season is here - Iron Horse Classic

While most of my friends will be defending home turf at the Icup race here in Draper next weekend, we'll be heading towards Durango a week from tonight for the Iron Horse Classic. I'm signed up for the Omnium so will race all three events over the weekend. Saturday is a 47 mile road race through the mountains from Durango to Silverton - roughly 6,600 feet of climbing. Here's the route and profile.
Sunday's event is the crit - 35 minutes +3 laps around a downtown circuit.

Then Monday's the TT, mostly flat course with a little climb the last mile or so.
This will be my first road race and time trial - not sure what to expect but will try hard and probably suffer a lot. Looking forward to a little getway with the fam - remember the ruins at Mesa Verde and the train whistles and pouches of fools gold in Silverton from when I was a kid, should be fun to make the trip with my own kids now.

No comments: